The winners were announced this morning and we are proud to announce that Fort Scott National Historic Site was voted one of the 8 Wonders of Kansas History!
We are proud of our Fort and proud of the small part that we played in getting out the vote. We also want to thank each and every one of you for your votes to make it possible that the Fort Scott National Historic Site is one of the 8 Wonders of Kansas History.
The other 7 --
- Boothill Museum/Historic Dodge City
- Historic Fort Riley, Junction City
- Historic Fort Leavenworth, Leavenworth
- Council Grove/Santa Fe Trail National Historic Landmark
- Kansas Museum of History, Topeka
- 1930's Dust Bowl To Glass Exploration, Historic Adobe Museum, Ulysses
- Kanza Tribe and Lewis and Clark's Independence Creek, Atchison
Congratulations to the other winners in the contest. And for the other 16 that were not selected -- you are winners as well and all of you played an important part in the history of our State.